Wednesday, October 24, 2007

IT'S NO TRADE SECRET

On several times I've been asked by some readers here what my 'secret' is. They seem to think that I hold a 'secret formula' to the writings churned out in the blog. lolz! That truly made me smile although I was pleased and, too, honored by their frank appreciation of what I do (who in his right mind wouldn't be?! lolz) but.... I must put this 'perception' to rest. There is no so-called secret. Wish I had though to intrigue people with.. lolz. Instead.. allow me to share with you the short piece below. This message copy/pasted here was my reply to a fine young person who wrote me in email about this. And this too is the message I would like to impart to anyonw who would like to stop awhile and listen.
----------------------------------------------------

Dear _______, :-)

There is no ‘trade secret’ to my writing. What you read is simply a record of life and a person’s perceptions on it. What I am is just an ordinary person going through my own destined life journey. In the course of that journey, I have taken on different roles – daughter, wife, mother, career girl, friend, confidante, writer, student, and teacher. And Who I am is simply a person who goes through those changes at different points in life ---responding to each change with the blessings of God-given talent and abilities, just like everybody else. I try to meet an experience with my whole mind and heart drawing lessons and wisdom from it as much as I can. I strongly believe that nothing, whether of high drama or mere triviality, should be allowed to go past us without making sure that it leaves its imprint in our lives. These are the very things which shape and mold us, good and bad. Every change that occurs is an opportunity for growth, if we let it. Growth– intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, socially-- is our main business here on earth. This, narrated in a manner as simple and true as I can manage it, is what goes into my writing. And I hope to pass this on to whoever cares to listen.
------------------------------------------------

And I hope that people will listen, especially the young men and women who are beginning their respective life journeys. Because truly “...nothing, whether of high drama or mere triviality, should be allowed to go past us without making sure that it leaves its imprint in our lives. These are the very things which shape and mold us, good or bad. Every change that occurs is an opportunity for growth, if we let it. Everything that happens to us is there for a reason. Let not life be wasted on you. Live it to the fullest, shine where you can, connect with people, share your gifts, be humble in your achievements, believe in truth - GOD - family - friendship - kindness - honesty - love - faith - happiness - growth and potential - country - freedom, pursue ambition and dreams, forgive, understand imperfections yours and theirs, change the world if you must and begin this with yourself. Remember those who have done you good but do not lose sleep if they have forgotten yours. Plant good seeds - that is all that truly matters and that takes care of everything else for you, if you believe. This is not original, many have spoken the same things before me - even better. But I shall join my voice to theirs and I hope you would too in your own time in your own way. This is what's called life. And this... is no secret at all. :-))

----------------------------------------

P.S. This happens to be my hundredth post, too. Thanks to Blogesh who pointed it out to me. Wow! Thanks, guys, for giving me good reason for staying on. God bless you all! :-))


posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 5:10 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment